Are you our next Senior Control Systems Engineer? We’re looking for an individual with a 5 years+ experience delivering automation solutions with a high level of quality, innovation and attention to detail.
Senior Control Systems Engineer
Our Engineering team is a small dynamic group working in a diverse range of industries and locations mostly around South East Queensland. We deliver bespoke electrical, instrumentation and control system solutions with the ultimate goal of improving our customer's bottom line.
Candidates will have 5 years+ experience delivering automation solutions with a high level of quality, innovation and attention to detail. The successful candidate will form an integral part of our senior team and be able to work both independently and in a team environment with a mixture of service and project work. You will work with a wide variety of vendor equipment and software from quotation to commissioning and must have experience in Electrical design as well as Control Systems Experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- RPEQ status (Electrical) or ability to obtain
- At least 5 Years Design and Implementation experience in Electrical (ELV and LV only and Instrumentation and Control Systems
- Excellent general computer skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Desirable Qualification / Experience
- Qualifications or an interest in management
- Electrical Design and CAD skills / experience in Autocad Electrical and Inventor
- Experience designing Motor Control Centres with POWERCAD
- PLC programming experience in Rockwell, Schneider, Siemens S7, Omron
- Industrial Network Experience Ethernet, Profibus, Devicenet
- SCADA experience in Citect, ClearSCADA, Ignition
- Electrical Trade Experience would be highly regarded
- Ability to reason well, think calmly and logically and perform under pressure
- Ability to communicate well and work well in a team environment
- Great attention to detail
- Persistence when faced with a problem, and willing to find solutions
- Neat, punctual and reliable
- A love of learning
Responsibilities of the Role
- Be able to confidently lead the design & development of complete automation and control systems
- Estimate complex projects with Hardware and Software requirements
- Be able to manage Automation projects and liaise effectively with suppliers, staff and clients
- Work both in office and on site in a variety of industries and locations
- Be able to travel and work away for short periods
- Be on call after hours on a rotation basis
- Design, code, and debug applications in various industrial platforms and software languages
- Design and implement front-end graphical user interfaces
- Design and deliver detailed electrical CAD drawings
- Prepare, maintain, and deliver project documents such as Functional Specifications, Inspection and Test plans and Operator Manuals
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a systems engineer?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you have experience in a role which requires relationship management experience?
- Which of the following CAD software do you have experience with?